Monday, October 12, 2009

What is name of song the Hyacinth Bucket sings in Keeping Up appearences? It has words "Dream of my Delight"

Opereratic song sung by Hyacinth Bucket at the piano has the words "For tonight, for tonight let me dream of my dream of delight"
What is name of song the Hyacinth Bucket sings in Keeping Up appearences? It has words "Dream of my Delight"
It's called 'For Tonight', written by Charles H. Taylor and set to music by Edward German. It was performed in Tom Jones (the opera). Can't find the full lyrics anywhere, but I know that one line includes: 'For tonight let me dream out my dream of delight ...' It must have also been included in 'The Beggar's Opera', because it can be found on the CD featured on the 2nd website - song no 27. Here's an excerpt from the first website below: 'His most enduring work, however, came in his one London show with Courtneidge, Tom Jones (1907). To an Edward German musical score ..., Taylor provided the words for such pieces as the celebrated waltz song 'For Tonight'.' This song eventually became popular among amateur light opera groups.' (Which would have suited Hyacinth very well!).
common names

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


sing up © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting